Saturday, March 13, 2010

Green Bean Casserole

I created this recipe because I was tired of not having any "popular" potluck items to bring to family functions.  Everyone loves green bean casserole, however, it is hard to find a recipe that doesn't call for some type of creamy soup.  I brought this to a family get-together a few years ago and everyone loved it.  In fact, they asked me to bring it back the next year.  No more cream of mushroom casseroles!!

Ingredients:
  • 2 c. wild rice
  • 4 c. chicken broth
  • 1/2 c. chopped celery
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • 1 t. rosemary
  • 1 c. sliced mushrooms
  • 1 lb. steamed green beans
  • Wheat germ
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350.  Cook rice in broth until done.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  Top with a layer of wheat germ.  Place in a casserole dish and bake until the wheat germ is toasty (approximately 30 minutes).

To make into a main dish add 2 cups of diced chicken to the casserole before baking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a Facebook page? I often forget to check blogs and I'm excited to have found this one since I need to avoid dairy, eggs, and peanuts too!