Monday, February 22, 2010

Dairy-Free, Egg-Free French Toast

Dairy-Free, Egg-Free French Toast
1/2 cup vanilla soymilk (I used Very Vanilla by Silk)
1/2 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbps flour
dash cinnamon
several slices of bread (I have used homemade French Bread and regular store-bought bread)

1. Mix ingredients together.
2. Dip bread in mixture.  I found that letting it soak in on a wire rack for a minute or two helps.  Than I took a knife and scrapped off the excess.
3. Bake each side 5 minutes or until golden brown.  I set my skillet at 350 degrees or on the stove on medium to medium-low.

**Stick extras in freezer for an easy breakfast.**

6 comments:

Jamie Stern said...

Hello Becky,
I found your blog and love your recipes!

I have an online store dedicated to providing resources and products to people suffering with Food Allergies, Food Intolerance and those requiring other special diets.

One of those resources is giving my customers some great recipes to try…and in the process, promoting cookbook authors/bloggers.

If you are interested in participating, I would direct reference to your blog and also include a link back to your website. I can pull your favorites directly from your website for posting. I will add them individually with social media mentions as well. Additionally, I feature an author each month in my newsletters.

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

will this work with rice milk? I am going to find out! Great recipes you have here! x

Mel said...

I can't remember if I've used rice milk or not. But I am pretty certain it would work well, too.

Anonymous said...

it was delicous! my non allergic child also gobbled it down! I feel a bread and butter pudding egg and butter freestyle coming on with this mixture, super tasty! Thanks for a great recipe!

Mel said...

So glad it worked out for you. It's always a victorious day when you can get a child to eat something new! Thanks for sharing your results!

Anonymous said...

Do You Use a Egg-Free Bread to make this french toast ?