Friday, January 4, 2008

Chicken Salad

In my humble opinion, chicken salad can contain just about anything in any quantity that tastes good to you. Pickle, grapes, eggs, bacon, carrots, even English peas if that floats your boat! :) But since this is a place for recipes, here's the latest chicken salad I've made:

3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
1 heaping tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp prepared mustard
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Worcestershire's sauce
5 - 8 dashes Tobasco sauce
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1 cup mayo (you know I like Hellman's!)
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/8 tsp pepper
couple shakes dried parsley

Mix it all together and if you can, chill and wait a few hours to let the flavors mesh. Serve on bread or crackers. You may also choose to eat it like my two year old son... with your finger:

2 comments:

Julie B said...

it's so funny that you would post this, as I am in the process of making chicken salad for the second time this week :) I am having a huge craving for it. I will definitely look and see if I can modify this recipe a bit to fit our dietary needs :)

Melissa said...

I love chicken salad with tons of stuff in it, and I have had it made such a variety of ways!!! I, however, don't often have the opportunity to make it with loads of yummies as my husband prefers chicken salad made only with chicken, mayo, eggs.